According to Business Weekly,
“Cambridge based antibodies supplier Abcam plc has bought US-based MitoSciences Inc. which provides specialist antibody and assay research tools. And the Science Park company says future acquisitions are on the cards.” For full story.
Jonathan Milner, CEO of Abcam plc will be speaking at the BLN Growth Forum on 5th July. If you are thinking about how to grow and capture value in your business – and meet great people who are doing just that – it would be well worth making a day of it. Last year’s event was a sell out with delegates – entrepreneurs and investors – coming from across the UK and Europe for a day of talks from some brilliant and inspiring business people along with great networking.
The content alone is worth coming for but other outcomes for participants last year included investment, advisory roles, and a few career changes. As well as discussing some of the burning issues facing the leaders of growth businesses, the day considers what happens when things go wrong – and how to get back on track. You will hear stories of success – and failure – and walk away with relevant, actionable opportunities to help strengthen your business. You can see the full programme here: http://growthforum2011.thebln.com/
- Making it big – targeting big markets and maintaining your lead.
- Successful sales– making profitable sales a core goal. How to sell against market leaders.
- Putting people first – creating a culture to attract and retain the people you need.
- Growth strategies – maximising value from startup to IPO and beyond.
- Jonathan Milner, Founder & CEO, Abcam
- Warren East, CEO, ARM
- Neil Gaydon, CEO, PACE plc
- Stuart Miller, CEO, ByBox
- Mo Bulbrook, Head of International, Cheapflights Media
- Tim Weller, CEO, Incisive Media
- Mary Turner, CEO, AlertMe
- Martin Leuw, NED, IRIS Software Group
- Mark Gerhard, CEO, Jagex Games Studio
- Ariel Eckstein, Managing Director EMEA, LinkedIn
- Peter Bauer, CEO, Mimecast
- Nigel Payne, Director and Prev CEO, Sporting Bet plc
- Andy Leaver, VP EMEA, Workday
- The Growth Forum is produced by the BLN in partnership with BDO.
- The Growth Forum is supported by BDO, Mills and Reeve, Kleinwort Benson, Intel Capital
- Media Partner Business Weekly
- To discuss sponsorship opportunities, call Marcin Zaba, 07702 216 930.
For more information, the full agenda, all the stuff you need to know, and to reserve your place. http://growthforum2011.thebln.com/