Attention! Attention! Are you a mobile business looking for attention from customers, investors and the press?
We are looking for 10 companies to show how they are helping their customers make money from mobile. Entry deadline 31st May.
We are getting a little overexcited about our upcoming Money in Mobile Forum on June 14th and our Growth Forum on July 5th. More on the Growth Forum another time but if you are a privately held mobile business that can show how you make your customers money – by bringing them new customers, increasing their revenue or profits. We are using some of the day to show how some great mobile businesses are making money for their customers.
An amazing panel of investors, journalists and buyers will decide who wins the ‘best in show’ prize. If you want attention from the press, and investors including Accel, Amadeus, Balderton, DFJ, Doughty Hanson, Fidelity, Highland Capital, Intel Capital, M8, MMC, Octopus, Oxford Capital Partners, Pentech, PROfounders Fund, Vodafone Ventures and others, there probably isn’t an easier way to do it.
Presenting companies get a free place at the event. Apart from huge kudos, the winner will walk away with an iPad.
- Being on the shortlist of companies will set you apart from other organisations and get you in front of some amazing investors and journalists.
- You will be recognised as a mobile business that can help other companies make money in mobile – this is a good thing if you want to impress customers.
- Being on the list of presenters is a powerful marketing message for the shortlisted businesses and of course, the winner.
- The ten presenting companies will benefit from pitching in front of an audience of CEOs, mobile entrepreneurs, corporate users and buyers of mobile technology, as well investors looking to finance high-growth companies.
- Additionally, pitches will be recorded and posted on The BLN where they can be viewed by a wider audience of investors, customers and press.
How does it work?
- You spend less than 4 minutes applying before May 31st: http://moneyinmobileawardentry.eventbrite.com/
- A short list of ten companies will be asked to present their product or service during the Money in Mobile Forum held in London on June 14th.
- Companies will present to our audience and panel of judges, and explain why they have the biggest potential to enable companies to make money in mobile.
- The winner will be announced at the end of the forum and will receive the BLN Money in Mobile Award.
How to Apply
It couldn’t be easier – pitching companies must:
- Be privately held
- Have paying customers
To enter, click, and in less than 100 words, tell us how you make money for other companies by noon on 31st May. Companies will be shortlisted and notified by June 7th. The final ten contenders will present during the BLN Money in Mobile Forum on June 14th.
About the BLN Money in Mobile Forum, June 14th 2011.
If you work in mobile, you already know mobile is the future, but believe it or not, most organisations don’t have a clue how to deliver an effective mobile strategy. Too many organisations still see mobile as a ‘marketing cost’. We want to show how mobile is making companies money now.
We have some of the most influential doers in the mobile, ecommerce, software, games and media sectors together for an event that connects entrepreneurs, investors and corporate users of mobile technologies to share ideas about practical, profitable mobile strategies for their businesses. We will show you how companies are using mobile to attract customers and increase profits.
The day will help you understand how to develop and implement an effective mobile strategy for your business. You will hear about the successes and failures of some of the key leaders in the field and we’ll spotlight companies that are directly enabling businesses to make money from mobile.
Focused, punchy sessions will use case studies and open discussion to show how some of the most innovative businesses are using mobile to find and attract new users and customers, drive them to purchase decisions, retain, engage, up-sell and recruit brand advocates. You will also see how a key lesson from ecommerce is that a great customer experience is crucial to increasing sales and customer retention. Have we forgotten this also applies to mobile?
The format is simple, but productive:
- Talks, discussions and debate from speakers who are experts by dint of their real world experience.
- Rapid fire pitches from 10 peer-reviewed companies judged by our expert panel to have significant ability to make others Money in Mobile.
- Our final session summarises the day and announces the winner of the Money in Mobile Award
BLN events are for CEOs, founders of entrepreneurial businesses, venture capital and private equity investors, senior decision makers in corporates. We pride ourselves in the value that we bring to the innovation ecosystem by bringing high value people together.