It has been a cracking year at BLN so far and things look like they are just about to get a whole lot better.
- The next registrant for our Money in Mobile Forum on June 14th will be delegate number 100. With 120 places available and three weeks to go, it is looking like it might sell out in the first year. With over 30 venture investors represented, some brilliant entrepreneurial businesses and a great programme of talks and networking, we are looking forward to a brilliant day. If you are running a business that helps companies make money in mobile, please think about entering for the Money in Mobile Award (entry deadline is 31st May). We will select 10 companies to attend the Froum as our guests and to present on the day. The winning company will win the Money in Mobile Award and an iPad.
- The final speakers are now confirmed for the BLN Growth Forum, 5th July. Last year’s event was a sell out and we are already over 50% capacity for 2011. We are focused on leadership in high growth businesses and the speaker line up is awesome. We have the CEOs of some extraordinary businesses – from high growth private businesses through to FTSE 100 companies – who will share their thoughts on building successful teams, maximising value, targeting global markets and creating a winning culture. We have a couple of surprises in store too so watch this space…
- Business of Software, (October 24-26th), in Boston, is coming together too. We just sold the 190th ticket and so are exactly half full. With speakers including Professor Clayton Christensen and others, maybe this isn’t too surprising. You can see videos of some of the previous speakers, including Seth Godin, here.
There is always a but…
- Aside from our conferences and regular discussion dinners, we are also just about to move to larger premises. To be honest, we really could do without the additional stress and hassle in a small office and keeping the events moving plus organising the move has taken up more time than we would either have liked or frankly expected. Hopefully it will all happen smoothly next week but in the meantime we are very aware that we haven’t been as good at keeping the world up to date with what we are up to as we should be.
- We have offered Early Bird discounts to attendees for both Money in Mobile and the Growth Forum that expire today, May 22nd. We thought it would be fair to extend the deadlines for both events a little and make sure that everyone has the opportunity to take advantage of bagging a seat at one or both at the reduced price of £200 for investors and entrepreneurs, and £400 for advisers. The price after these dates will be £300 for investors and entrepreneurs and £500 for advisers. We charge advisers more to attend as we have found that this means that (a) the total number of advisers at events is controlled and (b) the advisers that do attend are generally higher quality.
- The Early Bird deadline for Money in Mobile is now Wednesday 1st June.
- The Early Bird Deadline for the BLN Growth Forum is Wednesday 8th June.