BLN Money in Mobile Session Notes Consumer Behaviour insights – Jeremy Copp, Vice President Mobile Europe at comScore Inc.
UK mobile universe. Nokia still biggest handset manufacturer!
The slightly scary March of Android, 953% yoy growth in past year.
Different media owners have very different approaches reflected in difference between apps and browsing on their sites.
Facebook users spend 2.5 billion minutes per month on Facebook mobile in the UK at end of 2010.
Some facts you might not know but should!
Today, UK mobile phone users use Facebook for an aggregate of over 3,094,803,255 minutes each month
- Mobile users are more engaged on Facebook than those using PCs.
In Europe, 72% of mobile phone users do not use applications
- Consider carefully how you want to reach a mobile audience
The UK mobile audience consumes more than 13,206,911,014 page views every month on their phones
- That’s a lot of potential advertising inventory
Nearly 90% of European Apple device users use applications in comparison to 39% of Symbian device owners
- But Apple represent 6.9% of the devices in use, Symbian 15%
The mobile media market in the UK is growing rapidly
- App and browsing usage is creating ever more opportunities for consumer engagement
- Don’t assume it is all about apps on iPhones!
Consider carefully the mobile audience you wish to reach
- Identify which media they engage with, how and through which devices
- Robust market intelligence data adds value to campaign planning and targeting
- The reality as revealed by measurement is often different from intuition
Don’t get left behind on mobile
- Full visibility of the mobile media market means no need to be blindsided
More information: email@example.com, +44 7876 567742
Next BLN event…
BLN Growth Forum, 5th July 2011.
- Making it big – targeting big markets and maintaining your lead.
- Successful sales– making profitable sales a core goal. How to sell against market leaders.
- Putting people first – creating a culture to attract and retain the people you need.
- Growth strategies – maximising value from startup to IPO and beyond.
- Jonathan Milner, Founder & CEO, Abcam
- Warren East, CEO, ARM
- Neil Gaydon, CEO, PACE plc
- Stuart Miller, CEO, ByBox
- Mo Bulbrook, Head of International, Cheapflights Media
- Tim Weller, CEO, Incisive Media
- Mary Turner, CEO, AlertMe
- Martin Leuw, NED, IRIS Software Group
- Mark Gerhard, CEO, Jagex Games Studio
- Ariel Eckstein, Managing Director EMEA, LinkedIn
- Peter Bauer, CEO, Mimecast
- Nigel Payne, Director and Prev CEO, Sporting Bet plc
- Andy Leaver, VP EMEA, Workday
- The Growth Forum is produced by the BLN in partnership with BDO.
- The Growth Forum is supported by BDO, Mills and Reeve, Kleinwort Benson, Intel Capital
- Media Partner Business Weekly
BLN Growth Forum, 5th July 2011