Amazon’s Top Business Books for 2011 include recent Business of Software speakers Seth Godin, Josh Linkner, Eric Ries.
- In The Plex: How Google Thinks, Works, and Shapes Our Lives, Steven Levy
- Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul, Howard Schulz
- EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches, Dave Ramsay
- Great by Choice: Uncertainty, Chaos, and Luck–Why Some Thrive Despite Them All, Jim Collins
- Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions, Guy Kawasaki
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses, Eric Ries
- Brandwashed: Tricks Companies Use to Manipulate Our Minds and Persuade Us to Buy, Martin Lindstrom
- Endgame: The End of the Debt Supercycle and How It Changes Everything, John Mauldin
- Disciplined Dreaming: A Proven System to Drive Breakthrough Creativity, Josh Linkner
- Poke the Box, Seth Godin
Some great reads – though is it just me – I am not sure I could ever read a book with the portmanteau EntreLeadership in the title? My favourite read from the list so far is Eric Ries and the Lean Startup. (I haven’t read Jim Collins yet though it is on order).
So the good news is, that Eric Ries is coming to London in January to launch the Lean Startup in Europe and we will be holding an event in central London where you get to hear Eric talk and walk away with a very nifty signed copy of his book. Details to follow soon but keep the afternoon/evening of 16th January free…
You can see Eric in action, with a transcript of his talk, here.
If you want to keep up to date on developments, subscribe to email updates here and you will be the first to know more.