If you are looking to start a business, you would be insane not to spend 1 minute watching this neat little video about the Springboard Accelerator programme. This is a 90 day, hugely intense, programme of beasting, mentoring, coaching, coaxing, network supercharging, pizza eating, coffee drinking and get your sh*t together planning.
One of these is definitely about Springboard.
Deadline for entry into the next programme, to be held in London, is 29th January.
This is what happened to the first crop of Springboard Alumni…
- Adwings are building upon their current customers and are in active discussions with a number of key customers about their solution.
- Apiary closed an angel investment in December and is currently rolling out their API documentation and testing tools to excited users. More news to follow very soon.
- Arachnys completed an angel round in December and have moved from Cambridge to London with plans to grow their team aggressively including high quality devs interested in big data, and multilingual NLP.
- Hubflow have had a funding offer on the table since October, however they have decided to concentrate on fulfilling their existing customer requirements and completing the sales cycle on three new prospects before they accept funding and expand their team.
- After an initial alpha phase, Mayday is opening the product, which is now an extension of Google Analytics, to a larger audience of beta users. Existing users of Google Analytics can sign up on the website and instantly have access to meaningful and actionable insights on users behaviour.
- Since the end of Springboard, MiniMonos has gone from 300,000 registered members to more than 650,000 registered members. The kids’ virtual world also launched branded prepaid cards in Sainsbury stores across the UK and quadrupled its monthly revenue.
- PlayMob are hosting their first event on 30 January with guest speakers Steve Moore (Big Society), Mick Donegal (Special Effect), Ian Livingstone (Eidos), Andy Payne (UKIE/Mastertronic) and Michael Green (Author of Philanthrocapitalism). PlayMob have also raised a further $3000 for Help USA via Parallel Kingdom and currently have 2 campaigns running in games Drop Catcher (iOS) and Magicats (Facebook). Many more campaigns lined up for Q1 2012 and watch our site for new announcements!
- Publification have raised funding from Northstar Ventures and their first Publification eBook will be published later this month. We are now recruiting A-list authors that want to self-publish and use social discovery and interaction tools to promote their work. Sign up for limited number of beta invites to our spring launch at www.publification.com.
- Spontly completed a funding round and will be announcing other news in the coming days.
- We’re now at over 35,000 users, with an exciting app launching shortly (we can’t tell you about it quite yet!). Plus we recently heard of the first marriage through Tastebuds!
Application deadline for Springboard London is 29th January. Apply here