We are looking for a technical guru to make some magic happen at a small but influential conference and event business. With your help, we can do more cool things.
Frustrated or under-appreciated in your current role? Come talk to us about how your work would make a real impact on our business and how we can support your personal development.
The Business Leaders Network is growing and we need a Developer and all round technical go-to person, who will be responsible for the development and day to day administration of the company’s online presence, as well as supporting the growth and automation of business processes including email marketing, social media, analytics, SEO and CRM.
You will have a knack for finding and implementing solutions to complex problems and want to work in an environment where you are both appreciated and appreciate the opportunities that we can offer to build your skill set and learn from some of the best people in the software industry in the world.
The role will require you to work closely with the management team and third parties to ensure that all identified improvements to the system can be integrated efficiently and with minimum negative impact. In addition to development, the role will encompass the day to day administration of the events website – including SQL and system maintenance, user configuration, task server administration and report design and execution.
What you’ll be doing:
• Set up and adapt WordPress to meet business requirements
• Discover new online channels for customer acquisition and improve existing ones
• Ask questions about what drives growth, build analytics tools to capture relevant data and offer actionable answers and insights as a result
• Monitor application performance and identify any technical problems
• Turn project briefs into actionable plan and provide accurate price quotes
• Create wireframes and design mock-ups
• Discuss technical requirements with team and provide innovative solutions
• Work on internal projects to optimise current processes
• Maintain a high awareness of industry’s issues and trends
• Work both independently and in conjunction with other project team members
• Thorough quality assurance testing of all web projects
• Managing email marketing and SEM. Potentially also, display advertising, and retargeting
What you will bring:
• 2+ years commercial experience of WordPress development
• 3+ years experience with the core elements of the WordPress stack: PHP & MySQL
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with Responsive Design
• Experience with WordPress Theme & Plugin Development
• Excellent HTML5, CSS3 programming skills (Expert)
• Excellent PHP Programming Skills
• Experience with different CMS, such as Magento etc
• Experience creating and maintain MySQL databases
• Strong understanding of how to build and maintain email and social media marketing lists. No spammy crap though.
• A track record of making things happen
Will also consider part-time/contractor in first instance though we want to find someone who will learn, grow and be part of the company for a long time into the future.
Please, no calls or emails from agencies