Successful software professionals know this: the quick way to progress your career is to show your excellence by becoming essential to a ‘rocket ship’ company. The Business Leaders Network is on the launchpad, ready for rapid growth in the next 12 months, but we need a chief engineer. If you have the skills to develop critical web based business processes for us, then join us and share in our success.
The Business Leaders Network (BLN) runs high quality events for technology entrepreneurs and innovators including the Internet of Things Forum and the Business of Software Conference. If you want to meet and learn from high quality people growing high quality businesses, software entrepreneurs, technology innovators and funders, come to a BLN event (better yet, help run one!). Our reputation and market is growing and we want to take advantage of that.
There’s a long list of interesting attributes below, but in a nutshell we need a bright self starter with strong technical skills in web based business tools (especially WordPress, PHP and mySQL) who has a knack for breaking complex problems down to manageable chunks. You could be in a fairly junior position, but if you are creative and have an urge to see tangible bottom line results from your work, then you will probably get a kick out of this job.
You will be responsible for automating business processes, including email marketing, social media, analytics, SEO and CRM. In addition to development, the role will encompass the day to day administration of the events website – including SQL and system maintenance, user configuration, task server administration and report design and execution.
As the technical ‘go-to’ person in the BLN, your work will be critically important to the company’s growth, in an environment where you will be mixing with software entrepreneurs and finding out about leading edge developments from some of the best connected people in the market.
What you’ll be doing:
• Set up and adapt WordPress to meet business requirements
• Discover new online channels for customer acquisition and improve existing ones
• Ask questions about what drives growth, build analytics tools to capture relevant data and offer actionable answers and insights as a result
• Monitor application performance and identify any technical problems
• Turn project briefs into actionable plan and provide accurate price quotes
• Create wireframes and design mock-ups
• Discuss technical requirements with team and provide innovative solutions
• Work on internal projects to optimise current processes
• Maintain a high awareness of industry’s issues and trends
• Work both independently and in conjunction with other project team members
• Thorough quality assurance testing of all web projects
• Managing email marketing and SEM. Potentially also, display advertising, and retargeting
What you will bring:
• 2+ years commercial experience of WordPress development
• 3+ years experience with the core elements of the WordPress stack: PHP & MySQL
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with Responsive Design
• Experience with WordPress Theme & Plugin Development
• Excellent HTML5, CSS3 programming skills (Expert)
• Excellent PHP Programming Skills
• Experience with different CMS, such as Magento etc
• Experience creating and maintain MySQL databases
• Strong understanding of how to build and maintain email and social media marketing lists. No spammy crap though.
• A track record of making things happen
Will also consider part-time/contractor in first instance though we want to find someone who will learn, grow and be part of the company for a long time into the future.
Please, no calls or emails from agencies
Salary: In-line with market rates and dependent on experience