So, it turns out that writing a blogpost about recruiting for The BLN is quite hard. Especially if you’re trying to be original.
So I’m going to fall back on the truth, plainly told. And, of course, accidentally humorous stock photography.
The plain truth: we’ve got everything we need to build more great events but we need to expand the team to make that happen. Especially we need a really motivated digital marketing exec to make sure we find more of the right customers (people who will value what we offer them). We think it’s an outstanding job for someone who is interesting in digital marketing and digital marketing tools – after all you’ll be working regularly with people who are inventing the future of digital marketing. More details on the job further down, but first…
We also urgently need a PA & office manager to keep on top of the admin and let the team focus on creating valuable events. This is a really key role – we can’t grow unless we get more efficient in our admin and operations – and we’re serious about only recruiting someone who we can really value. If you’re feeling under appreciated in your current role have a look at the description below and come and talk to us.
But first….an important note about what we value. We work with entrepreneurs all day, every day. We believe in the importance of getting stuff started and being tenacious in getting stuff done. We believe that human relationships are what business is all about and that putting people together makes great things happen.
What that means for people who work with us is that we rate people who are curious, like helping people, aren’t spooked by tricky problems and enjoy making things happen. More obviously, it’s going to help if you are interested in technology and entrepreneurship.
So, here are the job descriptions. If you (or someone you know) matches either of these then please get in touch and let’s see if we have the makings of something beautiful.
PLEASE NO AGENCIES. We want to hear from people direct. You will not get a response from us.
Digital marketing executive
Experienced Digital Marketing Executive needed to work with the people inventing digital marketing’s future. We run world class conferences for the software industry and we need a digital marketing executive to make sure our digital promotion is as good as our delegates. You’ll be able to work first hand with the people creating the latest tools and techniques in digital marketing.
The role will be focused on growing our subscriber base and driving registrations using well established channels, primarily social media, blogging, SEO, adwords, email marketing and video content. You’ll also travel and attend events as part of the team, getting to know our audience of entrepreneurs and investors.
You should have the following skills and experiences:
– Hands on experience maintaining social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
– Previous experience of email marketing campaigns, including sensitivity to ethical issues
– Understanding of web content management and previous experience of using WordPress
– Familiarity with analytics and online measurement tools
– Commercial awareness – the ability to negotiate and deal with suppliers to the benefit of the business.
– An interest in the world of software and entrepreneurship
– A minimum of A-level (or equivalent) numeracy & writing skills; graduate/degree level preferred
– Keen to learn and to share that learning with others
– Comfortable with multi-tasking and able to work to deadlines
– Able to work independently at your own initiative with minimum instruction
– Can work collaboratively with a team and build close working relationships
– Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and react promptly to potential problems
– Comfortable with people at all levels of seniority
– Willing to travel overseas occasionally (not more than 2 x year initially)
– Flexibility will be required in working hours in the run up to events
– Must be able to provide proof of the right to work in the UK (a copy of your passport and/or other work documentation will be required)
– The successful candidate will be asked to provide satisfactory references
This is a busy role which requires the ability to work to deadlines, manage time effectively and cope with peaks and troughs in workload. For the right candidate, this could become a broader marketing role over time as there are plenty of progression opportunities available. Hours of work are 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday. Apply here and tell us why you can help us grow.
Personal Assistant/Office Manager
An efficient and organized Personal Assistant is needed to provide administration and organisational support to the Directors of a company running world-class conferences in the software industry based in Cambridge.
The company is growing rapidly and we’re now looking for a full-time Personal Assistant/Office Manager to support the Directors, and free their time. This is a varied and exciting role and very important in getting the business to operate more efficiently – vital for its growth and expansion. Responsibilities for this role include:-
Personal Assistant: Providing administrative support to the Directors as required, including diary management, making travel arrangements, dealing with correspondence. Responsible for arranging team meetings, producing agendas and meeting minutes
Office Manager: Managing the office environment and the company’s finances including depositing cheques, carrying out credit control, making payments from the bank account, forwarding invoices/receipts and liaising on a day to day basis with the company’s accountants, working closely with the company’s payroll supplier with various administrative tasks, designing and implementing new office processes and procedures, including the sharing, management and storage of shared documents, managing the marketing collateral in the office, managing the IT infrastructure, to include the central management of business passwords, assisting in the preparation for induction of new starters and coordinating proposals as required.
Events Coordinator: Together with other staff, manage the organisation and logistics of the company’s events, including producing delegate badges, overseeing and managing the production and storage of marketing collateral and promotional items for events, and attending events as part of the team.
The Personal Assistant will be required to travel a couple of times a year to the US; trips are expected to be less than a week in duration. The ideal candidates will possess the ability to complete all tasks mentioned above and;
– Have demonstrable experience in an administrative/ Executive Assistant/ PA role
– Terrific problem solver and organiser with great multi-tasking, communication and written skills
– IT literate: Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, general email and internet use as well as experience of using online tools
– Be confident and comfortable to learn the use of new online tools
– Able to work independently and on own initiative with minimum instruction as well as in a team
Hours of work are 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday, If you are an experienced Personal Assistant/ Office Manager/ Administrator/ Executive Assistant that meets the criteria above, apply here and tell us your favourite organisational challenge.