Building Security into your IoT Products
“Your home will become a hive of wretched scum and villainy”
(Don’t know about you but my home already is. I have two children).
- Products must be able to be upgraded securely, without end-user intervention
- Start at Product Definition
- Budget for it.
- Think about the threat models and your attack surface
- Build, or buy, a platform. If you make it, you have to maintain it. Your OS and Application layers should be separate.
- Good idea to have the separation of your product and the things that make your products safe/usable.