Jens Lapinski, an old colleague from Library House, and now CEO of a start up so secret I am not sure I can name it, (it cannot have launched or I know he would have had a party), AI Hit, has just published an open list of UK and European VC investors.
Great list although there is always room for more and I would urge anyone else with info should post it to his list here.
Some notes of caution.
- Not all of these VCs are currently active in the UK. Some have made a single investment then collapsed, or refocused their activities in other regions.
- It does not cover funds closed before March 2007 (although in general, the older the fund, the less likely it will be to have spare capital).
- Not all of these funds are actually active or ready to invest. One announcement does not make a fund close, particularly with respect to some of the government funded initiatives.
- This list does not cover private equity funds or other sources of capital.
A couple of thoughts on additional fields.
- I would love to know the size and date of the most recent NEW investment in a company. This gives a useful indicator of the real activity in the fund.
- It would also be useful to know how many investments a fund expects to make.
Thanks for making the list public Jens. Typically thorough.