If you had the chance to put a question about your business to a panel of entrepreneurs who have collectively created over $10 billion of company value from zero, what would it be?
If you have a killer question about your business, we want to hear from you. We want to offer the opportunity for innovators and entrepreneurs to submit their burning question to the panel on the day of the BLN Growth Forum, July 15th 2010. The two winning questions will be offered a FREE ticket to the forum and the opportunity to pose their question to the speaker of their choice. A further eight runners-up will be offered a 50% discount to attend the event.
This is an event with some big differences. The speaker briefing is:
“(1) No PowerPoint
(2) Talk about your worst mistakes and what you’ve learned from them.”
Every delegate is being asked to come with a question or problem relating to their business that they can draw on the collected experience of the participants to solve. Active participation is required!
The BLN Growth Forum will help anyone thinking about how they can take their business to another level. Sessions focus on targeting big markets, building high performance teams, scaling internationally, effective sales and marketing and finance. The forum will be small – a maximum of 140 CEOs, CFOs, Founders, Chairs, PE, VC and public market investors can take part thus maximising opportunities to network, meet and learn from each other.
We believe senior people in high growth businesses find most conferences extraordinarily dull. We want to deliver an event for senior executives and investors where the emphasis is on learning from each other. Of course there will be opportunities to talk to the press, investors and the speakers, but we believe that by sharing experiences, everyone will walk away with at least one, ‘lightbulb moment’ from the day.
Stewart McTavish who runs the Ideaspace at the Hauser Forum said, “The timing of this event couldn’t be better. Given the current business environment now is the time to think about growth opportunities and take advantage of the networks and experience meeting people at an event such as this can introduce you to. ”
To enter, please send your burning question to ’Question@TheBLN.com’ with the following information:
- Your name
- Company name
- email & web address
- Your question
- Whether there is a specific person on the speaker list you would like to talk to. More information on speakers can be found here: http://growthforum2010.thebln.com/
Closing date for entries is 15th June. Winners will be notified within 5 working days of this date.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Martin Leuw, CEO of Iris Software, the UK’s largest private software business
- Tudor Brown, founder & President of ARM Holdings
- Sherry Coutu, Founder & CEO of iii.co.uk & Silicon Valley comes to UK, angel investor
- Mark Zaleski, led QXL Ricardo to $1.1 billion exit, CEO/Chairman of DailyMotion
- Michael Ross, visionary founding CEO of Figleaves.com, co-founder of eCommera
- Terry Burt, CEO of 2e2 one of Europe’s fastest growing IT service providers in Europe
- Ted Shelton, CEO, The Conversation Group
- Mary Turner, ex-CEO of Tiscali and CEO AlertMe.com
- Richard Longdon, CEO, Aveva plc
- Hermann Hauser, Amadeus Capital Partners, founding investor in 7 $billion companies
- David Soskin, Chairman of mySupermarket.co.uk and Swapit.co.uk; ex-CEO and now NED, Cheapflights Media
- Henri Winand, CEO, Intelligent Energy
- Russell Buckley, CEO EMEA, VP Alliances, AdMob, Sold to Google for $750 million
- Al Gosling, CEO and Founder, The Extreme Sports Company
The BLN Growth Forum, 15th July 2010.
An event for grown ups in growth businesses.
found your site on del.icio.us today and really liked it.. i bookmarked it and will be back to check it out some more later