Pride comes before a fall and all that but with the news from Down Under this morning, it looks like it is shaping to be a good Ashes Series. I must admit I didn’t know what a King Pair was.
Who knew there were so many ducks in cricket? Are there any more?
- Duck – out without scoring
- Golden Duck – out first ball faced
- Silver Duck – out second ball faced
- Bronze Duck – out third ball faced
- Diamond Duck – out without facing a ball (usually run out though you could also get stumped off a wide which would be really embarrassing – has this ever happened in Test cricket?)
- Platinum Duck/Royal Duck – out first ball of an innings
- Pair – out without scoring in both innings of a two inning match
- Royal Pair/King’s Pair – out first ball faced in both innings of a two inning match
- Bombay Duck – tasty dried fish starter seen much less frequently in Indian restaurants these days. Why?
Enough about ducks, here is a fabulous frog joke (a shaggy frog story even) told by some Australian cricket commentators that I ahve always wanted to have an excuse to share: frog-joke_at-the-cricket. When and if we win our next Ashes Test, I want to post my otherAustralian radio joke.