It is exciting to be bringing a new event together and our one day event, Money in Mobile, to be held on June 14th is looking like it will be exceptional (even though we say it ourselves).
There are lots of interesting industry mobile events as you would expect from such a rapidly expanding sector. Money in Mobile isn’t an ‘industry event’ though, it is an event to help companies to take advantage of mobile channels to make more money – whether that is by finding new customers, understanding your existing ones and engaging with them more effectively – so that you can make more money from them.
We will hear how some of the UK’s most innovative software, ecommerce, media, retail and financial services companies are using mobile in their businesses today and leave with actionable ideas for your business. (We think immediate action is better than long term pontification).
We will also be showcasing some of the most interesting private mobile companies that are making money for their customers today and awarding one of them our first, BLN Money in Mobile Award. Have a look at the agenda below. This will be updated regularly over the next ten days as our speakers finalise their plans.
- £295 (PLUS VAT) for companies and investors.
- £595 (PLUS VAT) for advisers.
- You can save £100 off the ticket price by booking before May 1st.
Money in Mobile – June 14th 2011. How mobile makes companies money.
The BLN Money in Mobile Forum will bring some of the most influential players in the mobile, ecommerce, software and media sectors together for an event that connects entrepreneurs, investors and corporate users of mobile technologies. We will spotlight companies that are directly enabling businesses to make money from mobile. This event will help you understand how to use mobile in your business.
“If you don’t have a mobile strategy, you don’t have a future strategy.” Ian Carrington, Head of Mobile EMEA, Google.
We will hear from some of the key ‘action leaders’ (as opposed to ‘thought leaders’) in mobile to let you know about relevant and actionable opportunities for your business.
The format is simple, but productive:
- talks, discussions and debate from speakers who are experts by dint of their real world experience
- rapid fire pitches from 10 peer-reviewed companies judged by our expert panel to have significant ability to make others Money in Mobile
- our final session summarises the day and announces the winner of the Money in Mobile Award, 2011
Programme for the Money in Mobile Forum, including core themes and confirmed speakers:
Registration and Networking
- First round of rapid-fire company pitches competing for BLN Money in Mobile Award, 2011.
- Presenting Companies TBC. Click here to nominate a company to present.
- Ilja Laurs, CEO and Founder at GetJar
Networking Coffee Break
Customer Acquisition Strategies – Advertising, mobile coupons, group buying – what is working?
- Russell Buckley, ex-Admob and Google, will be leading a series of 20 minute interviews and sharing experiences with the following mobile customer acquisition experts:
- Andy Smith, Industry Head of Mobile at Google
- Second round of company pitches for the BLN Money in Mobile Award, 2011.
Lunch and Networking
Customer Experience – Have we forgotten experience is the secret to getting users?
The importance of great customer experience. How do you deliver great customer experience in practice?
Third round of company pitches for the BLN Money in Mobile Award, 2011.
Networking Coffee Break
Exploiting Gamification and Social Networks – Social media ROI – from oxymoron to tautology?
- Nicholas Lovell, Founder at Gamesbrief will chair a discussion featuring:
- Barry Houlihan, CEO and Founder at Mobile Interactive Group
- Mark Curtis, CEO at Flirtomatic
- Final Analysis
- The BLN Money in Mobile Award Presentation – Ladies and Gentlemen. And the Winner Is…
- Networking Drinks
BLN events use tried and trusted formats that encourage open discussion and active networking for participants who are invited to ensure the event is more than the sum of its high quality audience.
We really care about hearing interesting stuff from people that matter and can teach people by example. We don’t care about hearing from ‘big names’, that don’t say anything new – or controversial. We really, really care about making sure that the right people are in the room – to listen, to engage, to discuss and find ways of doing business together.
BLN events are universally known for:
- great speakers with no BS, thought-provoking, actionable ideas
- engaging quality audiences who contribute actively to an event
- helping CEOs to spend time working on, not in, their businesses
- generous networking time – to extend debate and build commercial links
The first 50 registrations receive a £ 100 discount on full ticket price.
The BLN ‘Money in Mobile’ Forum is sponsored by BDO and Ixonos.
The BLN ‘Money in Mobile’ Forum is run in partnership with Taylor Wessing